- Install a JRE on your operating System https://spragucm.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/installing-java-runtime-environment-1-7-jre1-7/
You installed a JRE on your operating system but your Eclipse IDE doesn’t seem to see it.
- Open Eclipse
- Select Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs
- Select the Add button -> StandardVM -> select the Directory button (next to JRE home)
- Select the path where the target JRE folder is located (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jre7) and hit OK.
- Select the checkbox next to the new JRE
- Still in the preferences dialog, select Java -> Installed JREs -> Execution Environments
- Select all environments and put a check next to all environments that can use the newly installed JRE
- Select Java -> Compiler -> Compiler Compliance Level -> Select the JRE you just installed
- Select Java -> Compiler -> Compiler Compliance Level -> De-select Use Default Compliance Settings
- On the same screen, next to Generated .class files Compatibility, select the newly installed JRE from the dropdown
- On the same screen, next to Source Compatibility, select the newly installed JRE from the dropdown
- Select OK in the Preferences Dialog and your done.