- In Eclipse, find the Eclipse Console view (looks like below).
- If the console view is not showing then select Window -> Show View -> Console
- Select the arrow next to the little computer and select the server that is running from the drop-down menu
- Select the red square to stop the server
- Go to http://localhost:8888 and verify that the page no longer loads.Note: If a page is still showing then repeat the above steps for all of the servers listed in the drop-down menu next to the little computer in the console window. If that still doesn’t work, another application may be using the port so refer to https://spragucm.wordpress.com/2015/05/14/windows-httplocalhost-port-conflict/
- To restart, just run the Google App Engine project again (Right click -> Run As ->Web Application)